Why I Write

This site is dedicated to my sister. She likes to hear me tell story's about the events that have taken place in my life. She is under the belief that they are funny. Maybe they are and maybe they are not. You, however can decide for yourself as to weather or not these story's are funny. Some are stupid and some are crazy! Enjoy.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday Morning Coming Down

Well, Christmas is over.  It was everything I thought it would be and a little bit more.  I got to see family and friends for three days straight.  Generally I would call that a bad weekend but it is Christmas and that is what it is all about. 
Now onto new years and a chance to lie to yourself on the first day of the year.  The lie usually sounds like this,  I am going to get in shape or lose 30 pounds.  Whatever!!!!  Daily dieting and exercise has to become a mind set for your day to day existence, before it will truly work.  If you are not 100% sold on the work part of losing weight, then you can forget shedding those pounds.
My New Years resolution is as follows, I Eric Rutledge, commit myself to eating at micasita at least one time a month.  If I for some reason miss a month, I will eat micastia 1 time a week for a month.  Now I believe with hard work and due diligence in scheduling, I stand a real chance of pulling this off. Who's with me?????
Seriously though,  make a commitment to something you can keep.  Like, I commit to taking a bath once a week.  I will stop picking my nose in public. That one may be hard to do.  I will not leave the toilet seat up. I will try eating sushi.  I will wash my pants after the third wear instead of the fifth wear (you know you do it).  I will not surf the Internet at work (yea, you can scratch that one off).  I will not take my trash out in my underwear.  I will not pee in my front yard.  Well, you get the point.
So do yourself a favor and don't lie to yourself on the first day of the year.

1 comment:

  1. I have been lying to myself for years and I see no need to discourage myself with the truth. It's a tradition that I intend to keep for years to come. I will... lose weight, be a better housekeeper, read my Bible every night without fail, get organized, be more fiscally responsible...I promise. Do you smell smoke? AHHHhhh, my pants!!!!

    ReplyDelete