Why I Write

This site is dedicated to my sister. She likes to hear me tell story's about the events that have taken place in my life. She is under the belief that they are funny. Maybe they are and maybe they are not. You, however can decide for yourself as to weather or not these story's are funny. Some are stupid and some are crazy! Enjoy.

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve

Every New Years the wife and I make plans to have people over or too go out on the town and Party.  You know, like the kids party at the local hot spot.  For some reason though I haven't seen the ball drop for 5 years.  Partly due to the fact that I am already in the Bed when the ball drops.  Even when the wife and I have people over to watch the ball drop, they end up going home around 10 pm and going to sleep themselves.  What is happening to myself, the wife, and our friends.
WE ARE GETTING OLD!!!!!!  Every year is another reminder that I just can't hang like I used to.  There is no more staying up until 2am and playing video games, or driving around Lexington because that is what the cool kids do.  Nope,  It is bed time at 10pm.  All of this is becoming a sad reality, and a horrible reminder that I am getting old.  
To me, New Years has become more like a funeral then a celebration.  It is suppose to the ringing in of a new year but in fact it is just one year closer to death. Sorry folks but there is just nothing to celebrate about being closer to the grave.  I do thank God for allowing me to see another year, but that is about it.
I think New years should be celebrated like a New Orleans Funeral, because you just lost a year of your life.

Good luck with those resolution's this year guys.  Remember don't start the year with a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment