Why I Write

This site is dedicated to my sister. She likes to hear me tell story's about the events that have taken place in my life. She is under the belief that they are funny. Maybe they are and maybe they are not. You, however can decide for yourself as to weather or not these story's are funny. Some are stupid and some are crazy! Enjoy.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Day I Drove a Motorcycle Up a Tree


You should have seen it, it was as if Evil Kanivel had come to Georgetown and decided to do a stunt that no one would see. Seriously, I had this whole thing planned out, you'll see.
It was a Friday morning and I got the grand I deal that I would go to my best friend's house and borrow his parent's motorcycle. I thought that riding a motorcycle to school would be something different and fun. So I headed to the Marcum's. Upon arriving I went in the house and got the key to the motorcycle. I pushed the motorcycle to the front yard, because there was a truck in the way and I didn't want to start the day by scratching the paint on the truck with the handle.

I put the key in the ignition and started the bike. While sitting there letting the bike warm up, a thought went across my mind like a bolt of lightning. I could get good on this bike and become the new Super Dave. It was at that moment that I decided to try my first stunt. The first stunt I would perform will be an attempt to drive this Bike up a tree. So I amid the bike at the tree in the Marcum's front yard and twisted the throttle.

The result was amasing.  It was perfection on two wheels.  The bike went straight up the tree and then slowly backed down from the trunk of the tree.  I couldn't believe it,  had I actually pulled off my first attempted stunt?  It was great, after it was over I gathered my composure and looked around for any random fans that might have seen this marvelous feat.  But I saw no one.  The stunt had gone unnoticed.  so I thought!!!!

I continued on to school and placed this triumphant day in the back of my head for future use.  When I got back into town that afternoon I returned the bike to the Marcum's and went on about my evening.  Later that nite I decided to visit the marcum's, this is something that I did on a pretty regular basis.  Upon arriving and telling everybody hi, Becky, which is Mrs. Marcum if your nasty,  Said that all the comotion that morning had woke her up.  She then went on to say how she had seen my stunt.  Hallalujah, a star is born. NOT.
You see the truth of the matter is that the above story is a daydream I had at school as to how I might explain what happened had somebody actually seen what happened.  Well, that was shot down when Becky proceeded to tell the story of how the bike actually fell on me after driving up the tree.  I was busted!!!

So I had to come clean.  The truth was, I was trying to pull out of the yard without tearing up the grass.  So I twisted slowly on the throtle and headed towards there road.  The front tire got caught on a root from the three hundred year old tree in their front yard and caused the bike to point directly at the tree.  This all happened in a matter of 2 seconds.  Before I knew what was going on I already drove up the tree and fallin to the ground with a motorcycle ontop of me. I jumped up real quick so that no one would see what happened.  At the time I believed I had avoided any embarresment, but I was wrong.  Apperantly, when I entered the house, it woke Becky up and she came to the living room to see what was going on.  By that time I was headed up the tree and she saw the whole thing happen.

The only advice I have for people is to always start your motorcycle on the pavement and stay away from trees.

1 comment: